Coordinated by the Province of Pescara, the Adria Footouring project involves 11 partners from: Italy, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro and Slovenia. Food and tourism are often put together when tackling promotion and territorial marketing issues and never associated, when the tackled topics are the development and fostering of innovative firms, as they are mostly considered as traditional sectors with low innovation potential. But, technological, organizational service innovations, supported by enabling technologies such as ICT, are fundamental for generate organisational and competitive improvement in SMEs, and therefore, to increase financing and market share of those traditional sectors which indeed represent a relevant leverage for regional economic growth.
- defining innovation needs of SMEs and business supporting providers and collect best practices mainly related to financial support to innovation;
- promoting the concept and systematic practices of sustainable innovation trough study visits to innovative SMEs;
- increasing the diffusion of the culture of innovation among the communities through special events;
- organizing transnational and regional dissemination conferences to improve transnational exchange;
- building a pilot innovative concept of the innovation support service, through the implementation of a virtual incubator.
- boosting innovative capacity of traditional sectors such as tourism and food, by improving the innovation environment;
- improving the capacity and effectiveness of business support organizations involved in innovation services;
- increasing the innovation potential of traditional economic sectors, thanks to the help of enabling sectors such as ICT;
- contributing to foster the integration process, by offering IPA regions the opportunity to join a network of institutions being already part of territorial innovation systems, and to exchange good practices on innovation promotion.